We are pleased to announce the following promotions and offer our congratulations to:
- Paul Gray, who has been promoted to Technical Director.
Paul joined Mayer Brown in 2016 and has led the growth of our Noise and Vibration Team.
Paul is a highly experienced acoustic consultant, with over twenty eight year’s expertise covering all aspects of noise and vibration assessment, including architectural acoustics, building services acoustics and industrial noise and vibration.
Paul has a particular strength in environmental noise and vibration, directing noise assessments to accompany development proposals for smaller scale developments and technical input feeding into master-planning and environmental impact assessments for larger and strategic schemes.
He routinely acts as an Expert Witness, and has prepared and given evidence at numerous Public Inquiries and Planning Hearings and at the House of Lords. Paul also provides support to Clients at Planning Committees and has provided expert testimony in connection with both civil and criminal court cases.
Paul has a powerful ability to identify quickly the acoustic challenges posed by proposed developments and provide the technical support to professional colleagues to address and deliver the sustainable development opportunities sought by Clients.
- Nick Harmer, who has been promoted to Assistant Engineer.
Nick has recently passed the first year of his BEng Civil Engineering degree with flying colours in Hydraulic and Geotechnical Engineering, Structural Engineering and Construction Materials.
We wish both of them all the best in their new roles and encourage them to keep up the good work.
We would also like to welcome the following staff who have recently joined us:
- Josse McKenney who has joined the London office as a Graduate Transport Planner
- James Spires who has joined one of our Design Teams at the Woking office as an Engineer
- Becca Hopper who has joined the Woking office as Receptionist
- Jennifer Williams who has joined one of our Planning teams at the Woking office as a Graduate Transport Planner.