Mayer Brown Ltd is monitoring the current situation and government guidance on the Covid-19, Coronavirus outbreak on a regular basis.
Duty of care to our staff, suppliers, subcontractors and customers is of paramount importance and we felt it important to update you with the business readiness planning we have been carrying out since the recent outbreak.
We have put in place a Monitoring Team and we are conducting regular daily reviews of the changing situation and updates from Government agencies.
The Group has also put in place several contingency plans which are designed to ensure continuity of working from all our offices.
We have and continue to put in place facilities to continue operation of our office-based job roles remotely so in the event of an office closure we can continue to carry out most functions on a day to day basis.
We have also introduced an interim essential business travel policy to limit travel and business meetings which we will continue to monitor as the advice from Government evolves. Our policy covers:
- Minimising travel to business meetings with clients, subcontractors, suppliers and other stakeholders
- Stopping travel and attendance to large scale events such as seminars and training courses.
- Reviewing the need for non-essential meetings at our offices and sites with clients, subcontractors, suppliers and other stakeholders and using conference calls where possible
- Measures in place to reduce and support visitors to our offices
To ensure the safety of our staff, and other stakeholders, we need to ensure we all work together to minimise the effects of transmission, therefore we have put in place the following procedures:
- Cleaning – additional cleaning is taking place at our offices, ensuring that site facilities have enough stocks of cleaning products and hand soaps.
- Hand Sanitiser –additional hand sanitisers are available at offices; they will be clearly visible. Subject to stocks being available
We are emphasising the importance of all staff entering a client’s office or site that they follow Government protocol and clean & sanitise their hands on a regular basis.
We have advised our Team Leaders and Project managers to continue to communicate and liaise with you on a regular basis on any implications for your projects and as Government advice gets updated. However, rest assured that we are monitoring this closely and ensuring that we are as prepared as we can be.
Should you wish to discuss anything specific please contact your project manager.