Senior/Principal Engineer - Highway Infrastructure Design
- Job title: Senior/Principal Engineer - Highway Infrastructure Design
- Location: Woking
Mayer Brown is a leading Consultancy for Transport Planning, Transport Infrastructure Design and Environmental Assessment in the UK.
We bring commitment, experience and expertise to ensure the success of client projects. Attention to detail, advanced technical knowledge and strategic partnerships are all part of our winning formula, and we deliver it in a cost-effective package to businesses across the UK.
We are currently looking for a Senior/Principal Highway Design Engineer to join our Infrastructure Design Team based at our Head Office in Woking. You will join a vibrant team and work on a variety of highway and drainage infrastructure projects across the UK, enabling you to advance your career, whilst giving you the freedom to achieve personal growth and development. We will provide you with the opportunities to enable you to succeed and support you to reach your potential.
We recognise our greatest strength is the people we employ, and we are committed to developing talent and providing staff with the skills and knowledge they need to not only do their job well but to enjoy developing their career at Mayer Brown.
If you are enthusiastic in what you do and aspire to developing your career in highway infrastructure design, then Mayer Brown could be the place for you.
The position itself will require:
- Significant experience in the development and detailed design of highway improvement scheme designs in accordance with the DMRB, Manual for Streets and other industry standards and guidance
- Use of AutoCAD and Civils 3D (or MX) to produce 2D highway layouts and 3D engineering designs including existing and proposed models, cross section, long section and contours
- Preparation of design documentation for highway design (S38/S278) both preliminary and detailed & drainage design.
- Production and checking of drawings (AutoCAD)
- Communication with clients, consultants, contractors and other stakeholders
- Conduct any liaison or consultation with statutory authorities or undertakers as necessary to implement the design and construction of the project
- Support other Mayer Brown employees with technical advice on Highway Engineering projects
- Give technical advice to our clients and potential clients
- Ensuring that projects are delivered on time and to budget
- Support junior staff with their training and development
- Check output produced by other staff in terms of reports/drawings etc.
Our ideal candidate will have but not limited to:
- Degree in Civil Engineering (or equivalent)
- Consideration given to significant relevant experience in lieu of specified education and professional qualification
- In depth understanding of Highway Design and design standards
- Knowledge of engineering design, related legislation, contract procurement and contract administration
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience of developing S278/S38 detailed designs, including: Alignment, Drainage, Pavement, Road Signs & Markings
- Demonstrate understanding of Health and Safety including CDM responsibilities
- Good project management skills and financial management
- Experience of site monitoring / contract administration of works would be advantageous
- Evidence showing continuous professional development.
- Be enthusiastic in what you do and encouraging to other employees
- Be interested in developing the business and promoting cross-selling of services
In return for your hard-work and commitment we offer:
£Negotiable and subject to experience
- 25 days' annual leave + Bank Holidays, but rising after 5 years of service
- Opportunity for continuous training and development
- Company Car Allowance
- Pension Contributions
- Inclusion in Group Life Assurance and Group Income Protection plans
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Yearly Professional Membership of your choice
- Opportunity to join company sports and social events
If you would like to join our Woking Team, please send your CV to email@example.com. Alternatively, please use the CV uploader below.
Mayer Brown is an equal opportunities employer.